Even More Additional Announcements
1. The Council’s monthly policy discussion falls on next Tuesday, May 25. Due to the budget, the Council is meeting that day. Would it be alright to include a policy discussion item as part of the agenda items? Or would the Council prefer to reschedule to a different day?
Most Council Members were in favor of including it.
2. Rose Park Golf Course – The steps thus far have been specific to Open Space land transactions, but there is another process in the City Code pertaining to conveyances of “significant parcels of real property”. This process includes an item on the formal agenda to see if the Council would like to “consider requesting that the Administration hold a hearing” regarding the proposed sale of 3 acres of land at Rose Park Golf Course. This step could be added to next Tuesday’s agenda as the only formal business item (on Unfinished Business). Is it okay with the Council to add this to the May 25 agenda?
Most Council Members were in favor.
City Council Announcements
May 18, 2010
A. Information Needed by Council Staff
1. The Salt Lake Chamber “Giant in Our City” event is being held this Thursday, May 20th at The Grand America Hotel. A 6:00 p.m. reception will be followed by dinner and program at 7:00 p.m. The event will be held in the Grand Ballroom at The Grand America Hotel. Council Member Martin and Council Member Christensen are attending.
Would any other Council Members like to attend? Council Turner will attend.
2. Council Member Martin, Council Member Christensen and Council Member Turner will be touring Salt Lake City Golf Courses that have portions of proposed land for sale. The tour is scheduled for this Friday, May 21st at 2:00 p.m.
Would any other Council Members like to attend? No
3. With regards to the Small Neighborhood Business Amendment Project (SNBA) the Planning Division is working on completing a survey of residents located in neighborhood business areas. The survey is attached for your review. A sample of the testing has been completed, and suggestions implemented. The survey will be conducted in a door-to-door method, and is anticipated to receive feedback from 100 people per area. Information about the Small Neighborhood Business Amendment Project is online, with an upcoming link to a survey for all interested. The Planning Division would like to move forward with obtaining results from the 10 areas designated in the attached maps.
Is the Council comfortable with the Planning Division moving forward? Does the Council have any changes or suggestions? Are there Council Members interested in placing the web link in their next periodic email update?
Councilmember Garrott asked for a digital copy.