Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in the Work Session from approximately 3:00 p.m. – 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Alan Seko prior to consideration of his appointment to the Golf Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
2. The Council will interview Ella Olsen and Hugh W. Gillilan prior to consideration of their appointment to the Library Board.
3. (Tentative) The Council will hold a discussion relating to enacting temporary land use regulations for the Sugar House Business District with the exception of certain properties within the Granite block area generally located between 2100 South to Sugarmont Drive (2225 South) and Highland Drive (1100 East) west to McClelland Street (1045 East). (Item F-1)
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects for Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the process for negotiating the Interlocal Agreement with the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) for the Airport Light Rail Line.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a request from Property Reserve, Inc. (PRI) for partial street closures to allow the purchase of sub-surface property rights as part of the proposed City Creek Center Development. (Petition No. 400-06-38)
7. The Council will receive an informational briefing regarding the Energy Performance Contracting Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
8. The Council will receive a briefing requesting the closure of 800 South from Chestnut Street to approximately 2700 West and to allow the property to be sold to the petitioner. (Petition No. 400-06-47)
9. The Council will receive a presentation from the Utah Department of Transportation regarding the Salt Lake County East/West Study.
10. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss matters on the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(c)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8
11. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Søren Simonsen will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of September.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of August 14 and 21, 2007.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Amend Chapter 5.65, Salt Lake City Code, vending carts
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Chapter 5.65, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to vending carts.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. (Tentative) Ordinance: Temporary Land Use Regulations for the Sugar House Business District; with the exception certain properties within the Granite block area
Consider approving an ordinance enacting temporary land
use regulations for the Sugar House Business District with the exception of
certain properties within the Granite block area generally located between 2100
South to Sugarmont Drive (2225 South) and Highland Drive (1100 East) west to
McClelland Street (1045 East)
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.