Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Darian Abegglen, prior to consideration of her appointment to the Golf Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
2. The Council will interview Ila Rose Fife prior to consideration of her reappointment to the Library Board.
3. The Council will interview Ahmed M. Ali prior to consideration of his appointment to the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding resolutions initiating eminent domain proceedings relating to the Westside Railroad Re-alignment and Public Way Improvements, Project No. 109009. (Item C1)
5. The Council will hold a discussion regarding the Airport Light Rail Line.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a request to create an ordinance to allow bus shelters and related signage and consider whether to support issuing a request for proposals to build and maintain bus shelters.
7. The Council will hold a follow-up discussion regarding the Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
8. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(c) and (d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
9. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
Council Chairperson David L. Buhler will conduct the Formal Council.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Resolutions – Initiating Eminent Domain Proceedings
Accept public comment and consider adopting resolutions initiating eminent domain proceedings; regarding the Westside Railroad Re-alignment and Public Way Improvements) – (500 North to 200 South and 500 West to 1000 West) – Project No. 109009
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: