Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Randall Dixon prior to consideration of his appointment to the Transportation Advisory Board.
2. The Council will interview Faina Raik prior to consideration of her appointment to the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board.
3. The Council will receive an update from the Planning Division regarding development of compatible residential infill housing zoning regulations.
4. (Tentative) The Council will have a follow-up discussion regarding Budget Amendment No.1 for the Fiscal Year 2005-06, including the request by the Administration for an economic development staff position. (Public Hearing Item C1)
5. The Council will receive a briefing from the administration on the City historical employee retirement rates and projections.
6. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
7. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Carlton Christensen will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of September.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of September 6 and 13, 2005.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance – Budget Amendment No. 1
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 26 of 2005 which approved, ratified and finalized the budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, including the employment staffing document, for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2005 and ending June 30, 2006.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
2. Resolution – Municipal Building Authority Budget Amendment No. 1
Accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution amending Salt Lake City Resolution No. 41 of 2005 which adopted the Budget of the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake City for Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2005 and ending June 30, 2006.
Staff Recommendation: a) Recess as the City Council,
b) Convene as the Municipal Building
Authority and accept public comment,
c) Close and adopt,
d) Adjourn as the Municipal Building
e) Reconvene as the City Council.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Legislative Action – Initiated by Council Member Dave Buhler – Proposal to change park closure hours from 11 p.m. to 10 p.m. for City mini-parks (1/2 acre to 5 acres)
Consider adopting a legislative action initiated by
Council Member Dave Buhler to request an ordinance amendment to Section
15.08.020 of Salt Lake City Code for mini parks relating to park closure
Staff Recommendation: Suspend and adopt.
Forward to the City Attorney’s Office for a
draft ordinance, and to Public Services and
the Police Department for comments.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance – Set date – Permitted and conditional uses for Commercial Districts
Set date of October 11, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Table 21A.26.080, of The Salt City Code, pertaining to permitted and conditional uses for Commercial Districts, pursuant to Petition No. 400-04-29.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Ordinance – Set date – Re-zoning four properties amending the zoning map and area master plan
Set date of October 6, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance re-zoning four properties from residential to commercial, 1) 916 South 900 East, from Residential (R-1/5000) to Commercial (CB); 2) 909 South 900 East, from (Residential (R-1/5000) and Commercial (CB) to Commercial (CB); 3) 932 East 900 South, from Residential (R-1/5000) to Commercial (CB); and 4) 919 South Lincoln Street (952 East 900 South), from Residential (R-1/5000) and Commercial (CB) to Commercial (CB) and amending the Zoning Map and the East Central Community Small Area Plan and Central Community Master Plan pursuant to Petition No. 400-05-10. (900 South 900 East)
Staff Recommendation: Set date.