Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, October 9, 2003
Please Note: The Work Session briefing, item A-3, and the Public Hearing, item C-1, regarding Gateway Zoning will be held jointly as the Redevelopment Agency Board and City Council.
This Gateway and Downtown hearing will be televised on the City’s cable-TV channel, Channel 17 at 6:00 p.m., and shown at 9:30 p.m. on KUED.
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Robert “Toby” Alires prior to consideration of his appointment to the Community Development Advisory Committee.
3. (Tentative) The Council will receive a briefing from the Planning Division and the Redevelopment Agency regarding a request from Gateway Associates to allow department stores in the Gateway.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-03-20, amend the table of uses for the Gateway Mixed-Use zoning district to make department stores either a conditional use or a permitted use and related matters
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the table of uses for the Gateway Mixed-Use zoning district to make department stores either a conditional use or a permitted use and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-00-21, create an airport landscaping overlay district and adopt related changes to the Salt Lake City Code
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance creating an airport landscaping overlay district and adopt related changes to the Salt Lake City Code.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council
(Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: