Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Agenda items scheduled during the Council's formal meeting may be discussed during the Work Session briefing. Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 3:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. PLNPCM2009-00135, a request from Wade Olsen, 1345 and 1355 South Foothill Boulevard, to amend the table of permitted and conditional uses for the Community Business CB Zoning District to allow a hotel/motel as a conditional use when located on a state-owned arterial street (Scenic Motel). (Item H1)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. PLNPCM2008-00409, a request from the Planning Commission to amend Titles 18 Building and Construction and 21A Zoning of the Salt Lake City Code pertaining to condominium conversions.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the conclusions of a study performed under Utah Code Section 10-8-2(3), and making findings regarding value and public benefit, with respect to a donation agreement between the City and the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective relating to unclaimed bicycles.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing from the Administration regarding the North Temple Grand Boulevard. (Item G2)
5. (TIME CERTAIN 5:00 P.M.) The Council will receive a briefing from the Airport Board.
6. (TIME CERTAIN 5:15 P.M.) The Council will receive a briefing from the City & County Building Conservation and Use Committee.
7. (TIME CERTAIN 5:30 P.M.) The Council will interview Terry Kim Wright prior to consideration of his appointment to the City & County Building Conservation and Use Committee.
8. The Council will hold a discussion regarding Council subcommittee policy.
9. The Council will hold a discussion regarding Council priorities.
10. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member JT Martin will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of October.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of September 29, 2009.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
D. PUBLIC HEARING ACTION ITEMS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
F. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Amend Section 12.56.170, Salt Lake City Code, Relating to Holiday Parking Meter Rates
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Section 12.56.170, Salt Lake City Code, relating to parking meter rates, to waive fees at parking meters during the period of November 26, 2009, through January 3, 2010.
Staff Recommendation: Suspend the rules and adopt.
G. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Interlocal Cooperation Agreement, Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Facility
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an amended and restated Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake County, Utah and Salt Lake City Corporation relating to solid waste management (landfill).
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. Resolution: North Temple Grand Boulevard
Consider adopting a resolution approving expenditures for the North Temple Grand Boulevard transit corridor design element expenditures pursuant to an Interlocal Agreement between Salt Lake City and Utah Transit Authority (300 West to Salt Lake City International Airport).
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Request to Amend the Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses for the Community Business (CB) Zoning District to Allow a Hotel/Motel as a Conditional Use when Located on a State-Owned Arterial Street
Set the date of October 20, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider action to amend the table of permitted and conditional uses for the Community Business (CB) Zoning District to allow a hotel/motel as a conditional use when located on a state-owned arterial street. Petition No. PLNPCM2009-00135 (Scenic Motel).
Staff Recommendation: Set date.