Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, October 3, 2000
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
5:30-5:55 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building,
451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Public Hearings.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Santi Soumpholphakdy prior to consideration of his appointment to the Multi-Ethnic Community Resource Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will interview James Joseph Austin, Jr. prior to consideration of his appointment to the Multi-Ethnic Community Resource Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will interview Nafetalai Unga Kioa prior to consideration of his reappointment to the Salt Lake City Library Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive an update regarding the Central Business Improvement District. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Council Member Keith Christensen's Legislative Action, Petition No. 400-00-14 rezoning properties in the Sugar House Area located between Lincoln Street and 1100 East and between Downington Avenue and 2100 South. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
7. The Council will consider entering into an Executive Session to discuss potential litigation in keeping with Utah Code. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
8. The Council will consider entering into an Executive Session to discuss personnel matters in keeping with Utah Code. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
9. The Council will discuss the proposed Council Office organizational chart. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of September 12, 2000 minutes.
The Council will consider a resolution expressing its position regarding
opposition to "Initiative B", the Utah Private Property Protection
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are
taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other
City business. Comments are limited to two
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Ordinance: Tax Levy
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Ordinance No. 52 of 2000 to revise and re-adopt the rate of tax levy upon all real and personal property within Salt Lake City made taxable by law for the Fiscal Year commencing July 1, 2000 and ending June 30, 2001.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
Resolution: Enhancements to the University Light Rail
Consider adopting a resolution electing certain enhancements to the University Light Rail Project, and directing Utah Transit Authority to undertake such enhancements as required by the University Light Rail Line Interlocal Agreement.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Hearing - Central Business Improvement District
Accept public comment and hear protests concerning the proposed creation of, and assessment by the Salt Lake City, Utah Central Business Improvement District No. DA-CBID-00 (the "District"). The District proposes to use proceeds from the assessment of real property within the District to finance a portion of the costs of sponsoring or supporting business and economic promotion activities in the downtown area of Salt Lake City.
Staff Recommendation: Close and refer to Community and Economic
Ordinance: Budget Amendment No. 2 for Fiscal Year 2000-2001
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 51 of 2000 which approved, ratified and finalized the budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, including the employment staffing document, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2000 and ending June 30, 2001.
Close and consider options.
Ordinance: Petition No. 400-00-26, a request by Prince Development to
rezone property located at approximately 700 and 800 West, and between 1200 and
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance rezoning properties located between 700 and 800 West between 1200 and 1300 South from Residential R-1-7000 to Residential R-1-5000.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.