Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, October 15, 2002
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Laurie Noda prior to consideration of her reappointment to the Planning Commission.
3. The Council will interview J. Kelly Gillman prior to consideration of his appointment to the Transportation Advisory Board.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Salt Lake City issues for the 2003 Utah Legislature Session.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding part two of the Fleet Audit.
6. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding the Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Strategic Plan.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Programming Agreement for the Gallivan Center.
8. The Council will continue their discussion regarding Budget Amendment No. 10, initiative relating to downtown lighting and decoration program.
9. The Council will continue their discussion with the Planning Division regarding Walkable Communities and Transit Oriented Development.
10. The Council will continue their discussion regarding One Time Money.
11. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss litigation.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Mayor will present the Utah Humanities Award to Theresa A. Martinez.
3. The Council will consider adopting a joint resolution Endorsing the National League of Cities’ Homeland Security Day.
4. The Council will approve the October 8, 2002 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
D. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Motion: Outside Legal Counsel
Consider adopting a motion authorizing the City Council Chairman to retain outside Legal Counsel on behalf of the Salt Lake City Council.
Staff Recommendation: Suspend and adopt.
1. Advice and Consent, Community and Economic Development Director Alison Weyher
Consider consenting to the appointment of Alison Weyher to the position of Community and Economic Development Director.
2. Resolution: Authorize the approval of the Fourth Amendment to the to the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, BP Products North America, Inc. (Formerly) Amoco Oil Company and Chevron USA, Inc
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of the Fourth Amendment to the to the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, BP Products North America, Inc. (Formerly) Amoco Oil Company and Chevron USA, Inc. for engineering and environmental services associated with the Sewage Canal and Northwest Oil Drain.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
3. Ordinance: Budget Amendment No. 10
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 32 of 2001 which approved, ratified and finalized the Biennial Budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, including the Employment Staffing Document, for the Fiscal Years beginning July 1, 2001 and ending June 30, 2002 and beginning July 1, 2002 and ending June 30, 2003. (Initiative for downtown lighting and decoration program.)
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Ordinance: Amend Chapter 18.44 of the Salt Lake City Code relating to fire prevention and the fire code
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Chapter 18.44 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to fire prevention and the fire code.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.