Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, November 19, 2002
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Pedro Gomez prior to consideration of his appointment to the Capital Improvement Program Board.
3. The Council will interview Edwin Rutan prior to advice and consent of his appointment as Salt Lake City Attorney.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Landfill Budget for Calendar Year 2003.
5. The Council will hold a discussion regarding hearing dates and or other options relating to the Main Street Plaza issue.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Budget Amendment No. 11.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Airport expansion plans.
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding prosecution of state infractions and misdemeanor cases.
10. The Council will hold a discussion on a Legislative Action item requested by Council Member Nancy Saxton regarding street stamping.
11. The Council will hold a discussion on the Main Street Policy Statement.
12. The Council will hold a discussion on a Legislative Action item requested by Council Member Carlton Christensen regarding electronic meetings.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Presentation by the Utah Boy’s State to Salt Lake City Police Chief Dinse.
3. The Council will approve the November 12, 2002 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
D. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Advice and Consent, Salt Lake City Attorney, Edwin Rutan
Consider consenting to the appointment of Edwin Rutan to the position of Salt Lake City Attorney.
2. (Tentative) Ordinance: Set date – Main Street Plaza
Set the date of December 3, 2002 and/or December 10, 2002 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance relating to previously adopted ordinances closing a portion of Main Street between North Temple and South Temple Streets.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Board Appointment: Ben Burdett, Capital Improvement Program Board
Consider approving the appointment of Ben Burdett to the Capital Improvement Program Board for a term extending through June 6, 2005.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
2. Resolution: Authorize the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Utah Department of Transportation
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and UDOT for the design of 2100 South 900 West to Redwood Road, Job No. 102091.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.