Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Salt Lake Valley Landfill Fiscal Year (Calendar Year) 2005 budget.
3. (Tentative) The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding a request to vacate the east segment of the alley that connects View Street between the properties at 1974 and 1984 South View Street. (Highland Dental) Petition No. 400-03-32 (Unfinished Business Item F-1)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the request by North Salt Lake for a voluntary boundary adjustment. Petition No. 400-04-11
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a response from the Administration on Councilmember Jergensen’s Legislative Action to review Salt Lake City’s approach to historic preservation.
6. (Tentative) The Council will hold a discussion regarding Legislative priorities for the 2005 State Legislative Session.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance: – Petition No. 400-04-12, amend the Avenues Community Master Plan and rezone property located at 518 East 3rd Avenue
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Avenues Community Master Plan and rezoning property located at 518 East 3rd Avenue from residential multi-family (RMF-35) to neighborhood commercial (CN).
(Requested Mr. Jack Plumb)
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-03-32, vacate the east segment of the east-west alley that connects View Street, between the properties at 1974 and 1984 South View Street
Consider adopting an ordinance vacating the east segment of the east-west alley that connects View Street, between the properties at 1974 and 1984 South View Street. (Highland Dental)
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Set date – Petition No. 400-04-11, request by North Salt Lake City for a voluntary boundary adjustment
Set the date of December 14, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment regarding a request by North Salt Lake for a voluntary boundary adjustment and consider adopting a resolution. The requested action seeks to remove 80 acres from Salt Lake City’s municipal boundary and extend the municipal boundary of North Salt Lake to include the 80 acres.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Ordinance: Set date – Petition No. 400-04-32, amend the zoning ordinance text to allow car washes in the D-2 zoning district
Set the date of December 7, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Code, to allow for car wash facilities in the downtown (D-2) zoning district.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.