Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to
complete in Work Session from
3:00 – 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an Overview of Budget the Mayor’s Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2007-2008. (written briefing, staff available to respond to questions)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s Recommended Budget for the Salt Lake City Refuse Fund for Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s Recommended Budget relating to the Community Development Department for Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding inflationary adjustment to Impact Fees.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s Recommended Budget relating to the Police Department for Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
6. (Tentative)The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 (1)(b).
7. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Eric Jergensen will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of May.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Youth City Government will present the Youth State of the City report.
3. The Council will approve the minutes of May 1 and 3, 2007.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Resolution: Proposed issuance of sales tax revenue bonds for the Westside Railroad Realignment Project (Grant Tower) and TRAX Extension Projects
Accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of up to $8,800,000 aggregate principal amount of sales tax Revenue Bonds of Salt Lake City, Utah to be issued in one or more series; fixing the maximum aggregate principal amount of the bonds, the maximum number of years over which the bonds may mature and the maximum interest rate that the bonds may bear; providing for the publication of a Notice of Bonds to be issued; providing for the running of a contest period; authorizing the circulation of the preliminary official statement with respect thereto; and providing for related matters. (On the issuance by the City of its Sales Tax Revenue Bonds to finance a portion of the costs of acquisition and construction of (a) certain improvements relating to its Westside Railroad Realignment Project (Grant Tower), (b) certain infrastructure improvements in connection with the light rail expansion within the City and (c) various other capital improvement program projects and to provide for the publication of a notice of such public hearing in accordance with applicable law).
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Amend campaign financing disclosure and municipal elections
Consider adopting an ordinance amending certain Sections of Chapter 2.46 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to campaign financing disclosure, and Chapter 2.68 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to municipal elections.
Staff recommendation: Consider options.
2. Ordinance: Downtown Master Plan Amendment and Urban Design Element
Consider a motion to override a veto of an ordinance to amend the Downtown Master Plan and the Urban Design Element pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-37 (Skywalks/City Creek Center).
Staff recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Authorize Mayor to sign the Cooperative Agreement Preconstruction and Construction reimbursement for the Jordan River Parkway Trail
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign the Cooperative Agreement Preconstruction and Construction reimbursement for the Jordan River Parkway Trail, Utah Department of Transportation No. STP-LC34 (144), SLC Job No. 260137.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.