Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, May 8, 2001
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Anne P. Peterson prior to her appointment to the Art Design Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will interview Catherine E. Dunn prior to her appointment to the Board of Adjustment. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will interview Taimani Lauti prior to his appointment to the Multi-Ethnic Community Resource Board. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-99-35, a request from LHM Arena Corporation for a Localized Alternative Sign Overlay District at 301 West South Temple (Delta Center), per Section 21A.46.130, and amending the Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance to allow Localized Alternative Sign Overlay Districts within the Downtown D-1, D-2, D-3 and D-4 zoning districts. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-01-19 related to a street closure request at 400 South and 1000 East. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed resolution between Salt Lake City Corporation and Nationwide Retirement Solutions to establish and administer an IRS-qualified, interest earning trust fund for use by employees upon retirement or separation. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor's Recommended Budget for the Fire Department for fiscal year 2001-2002 and 2002-2003, including the five-year plan. (Estimated time: 20 minutes)
9. The Council will receive an overview of the Mayor's Recommended Biennial Budget for fiscal year 2001-2002 and 2002-2003. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
The Council will consider adopting a joint ceremonial resolution with the Mayor
honoring the Working Together With Christmas in April Greater Salt Lake
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are
taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other
City business. Comments are limited to two
D. PUBLIC HEARING:
E. NEW BUSINESS:
1 Resolution: Encouraging the
Administration to review and update or formalize plans for reducing demand for
electrical power and other forms of energy
Consider adopting a resolution encouraging the Administration to review its current policies and implement additional policies as necessary to conserve all forms of energy.
Staff Recommendation: Suspend and adopt.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Resolution: Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City
Corporation and Salt Lake County (field paramedic training for civil service
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Salt Lake County for the purpose of the City providing field paramedic training for selected civil service firefighters of the County.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.