Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, May 6, 2003
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Lisa Flores prior to consideration of her appointment to the Civil Service Commission.
3. The Council will interview Nisa Sisneros prior to consideration of her appointment to the Police Civilian Review Board.
4. The Council will interview Scott McCoy prior to consideration of his appointment to the Police Civilian Review Board.
5. The Council will interview Mary Lee Anderton prior to consideration of her appointment to the Community Development Advisory Committee.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s recommended budget for the airport for fiscal year 2003-2004.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Mayor Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson will present the proposed Salt Lake City budget for fiscal year 2003-2004.
3. The Council will approve the minutes of April 22, 2003.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Housing Issues in Salt Lake City
Accept public comment regarding Housing issues in Salt Lake City.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Comments to the City Council
(Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Set forth certain benefits for employees on military leave of absence
Consider adopting an ordinance setting forth certain benefits for employees on military leave of absence.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. Ordinance: Traffic Code amendments
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Subsection 12.44.060A, Salt Lake City Code, relating to laned roadway driving procedures; amending Section 12.48.030, Salt Lake City Code, relating to stops required at stop signs; and amending Section 12.76.045A, Salt Lake City Code, relating to yielding right of way at marked or unmarked crosswalks.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
3. Resolution: adopt the tentative budgets of Salt Lake City, including the tentative budget of the Library Fund, for Fiscal Year 2003-2004
Adopt resolution and set the date of May 20, 2003 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment regarding all matters associated with the tentative budgets of Salt Lake City, including the tentative budget of the Library Fund, for Fiscal Year 2003-2004.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.