Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a presentation from Jeff Edwards, CEO of the Economic Development Corporation of Utah (EDCU).
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor’s Recommended Budget for the Golf Fund for fiscal year 2005-06.
3. The Council will receive a briefing authorizing the Mayor to execute a second loan agreement for additional funding for the construction of the Liberty Wells Retirement Community project to be located at 260 East 800 South.
4. The Council will receive a briefing authorizing the Mayor to execute a loan agreement for the acquisition of property located at 158 North 600 West for the potential construction of a combination of 10-12 town homes for seniors.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a review of outstanding legislative intent statements.
6. The Council will discuss budget follow up issues.
7. (TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
(TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive
Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to
Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and
9. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
Council Member Eric Jergensen will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of May.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will adopt the minutes of May 24, 2005.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. North Salt Lake City‘s request for disconnection
Consider a request from North Salt Lake City to disconnect 80 acres from Salt Lake City’s municipal boundary.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Board Reappointment: Patricia Comarell, Metropolitan Water District Board
The Council will consider approving the reappointment of Patricia Comarell to the Metropolitan Water District Board for a term extending through January 5, 2009.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.