Salt Lake City Council
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, May 31, 2001
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Industrial Revenue Bond application from Rowland Hall-St. Mark’s School. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
3. The Council will receive a briefing from its subcommittee regarding Petition No. 400-01-01, the large-scale special events ordinance. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed ordinance amending Section 15.08.080, Salt Lake City Code, relating to park and playground rules for camping. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed resolution and ordinance for Petition No. 400-01-19 relating to the closure of a portion of the intersection at 1000 East and 400 South and appropriation of $85,000 from the University Light Rail Transit Interlocal Agreement Enhancement Fund for intersection improvements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding amendments to various sections of the Salt Lake City Code relating to traffic. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Mayor's Recommended Budget for the Community and Economic Development Department for fiscal year 2001-2002 and 2002-2003 including the five-year plan. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Capital Improvement Program Follow-up including the five-year plan. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
The Council will consider adopting a joint ceremonial resolution with the Mayor
recognizing an Olympic Truce in conjunction with the 2002 Winter Olympics in
Salt Lake City.
D. PUBLIC HEARING:
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Use of herbicides, pesticides
and fertilizers in watershed areas
Consider adopting an ordinance amending Title 17, Chapter 4 of the Salt Lake City Code, prohibiting the outdoor use of herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers in watershed areas without a permit, and authorizing the Director of the Department of Public Utilities to establish criteria for the issuance of such permits.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Ordinance: Set date - Municipal Building Authority Budget Amendment Number 3
Set date of June 12, 2001 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider amending Salt Lake City Resolution No. 41 of 2000 which adopted the Budget of the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake City for Fiscal Year 2000-2001.
Staff Recommendation: a) Recess as City Council and convene as the
Municipal Building Authority;
b) Set date and refer to Work Session for
c) Adjourn as Municipal Building Authority;
d) Reconvene as City Council.
1. Ordinance: Set date – Petition No.
400-01-01, Large-Scale Special Events of National or International
Set date of June 14, 2001 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment regarding an ordinance enacting Chapter 3.52 of the Salt Lake City Code relating to large-scale special events of national or international significance, and amending Section 15.08.050 of the Salt Lake City Code.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.