Salt Lake City Council
City Council Committee Room
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, May 27, 2004
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION:
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview John Richard deJong prior to consideration of his appointment to the Transportation Advisory Board.
3. The Council will hold a discussion regarding Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency. (UTOPIA).
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Budget Amendment No. 4 for Fiscal Year 2003 - 2004.
5. The Council will discuss unresolved budget issues, including a review of legislative intent statements and the Capital Improvement Program for the fiscal year 2004-2005.
6. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Motion: Consider adopting a motion for outside Legal Services
Consider adopting a motion authorizing the Council Chair to sign a contract with Attorney Randy L. Dryer of Parsons, Behle & Latimer.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Board Appointment: Helen Rollins to the Library Board
Consider approving the appointment of Helen Rollins to the Library Board for a term extending through June 30, 2005.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.