Salt Lake City Council
1040 West 700 South
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 – 6:15 p.m., some Council Members may tour areas in District 2. (Attached itinerary and map)
6:15 – 7:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in the Training Room C at
Pioneer Precinct. (The room is open to the public.)
A. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance – Girl Scout Troop #524; Lt. Melody Gray.
B. WORK SESSION: 7:00 p.m., Training Room A.
1. The Council will devote a maximum of 30 minutes to comments from the residents of District Two in the order in which the cards are collected. (Comments are taken on any item as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes each.)
2. The Council will interview Assistant Chief Chris Burbank prior to advice and consent of his appointment as the Police Chief. (Formal Meeting Item C-1)
3. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing on the Sorenson Unity Center.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing on the legislative action initiated by Council Member Dave Buhler to request an ordinance amendment to Section 15.08.020 of Salt Lake City Code for mini parks relating to park closure hours.
5. The Council will receive a comprehensive briefing from the Administration on the City's programs for defective concrete replacement in the public way.
C. FORMAL COUNCIL MEETING: (to follow item B-2)
1. Advice and Consent, Salt Lake City Police Department, Police Chief Chris Burbank
Consider the appointment of Chris Burbank, to the position of Police Chief.