Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 4:00 p.m. or immediately following the 3:00 p.m. Redevelopment Agency Meeting; Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Agenda items scheduled during the Council's formal meeting may be discussed during the Work Session briefing. Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive an update on the City Creek Downtown Development from Presiding Bishop H. David Burton, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and City Creek Reserve, Inc.
2. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding a proposed ordinance to vacate a portion of the airspace over Main Street at 50 South Main Street, to the extent necessary to construct a skybridge as part of the new City Creek Center with conditions and including a sunset provision (Petition No. 400-06-38).
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Legislative Actions from Council Member Love and Former Council Member Saxton relating to expanding alternative parking solutions, and the definition of restaurant for Neighborhood Commercial (CN), Commercial Business (CB), and Commercial Shopping (CS) zoning districts (Petition No. 400-02-22).
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Cowboy Partners request for a time extension in which to fulfill the conditions of Ordinance 11 and 12 rezoning properties located at 550-558 East 300 South and 326-348 South 600 East from Residential Multi-Family RMF-35 and Residential Office RO to Residential Mixed Use RMU (Item F3).
5. (Tentative) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session, in keeping with Utah Code to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-204 and 52-4-205 (1)(b)
6. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
City Council Member Eric Jergensen will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of March.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Resolution: One-year action plan for CDBG, HOME, ADDI, ESG, AIDS HOPWA and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an appropriation resolution adopting the One-Year Action Plan for the 34th Year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding for Fiscal Year 2008-09 and approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Staff recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Sale of $246,000 Special Assessment Bonds Series 2008A (Sidewalk Replacement Special Improvement District 2004/2005 Job No. 102119 and approving the related bond purchase agreement
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and providing for the sale of the $246,000 Salt Lake City, Utah Special Assessment Bonds, Series 2008A (Sidewalk Replacement Special Improvement District 2004/2005 Job No. 102119) (the “Series 2008A Bonds”) providing for pricing and terms of the Series 2008A Bonds, prescribing the form of bonds, the maturity and denomination of said bonds; providing for the continuance of a guaranty fund; authorizing and approving a bond purchase agreement; and related matters.
Staff recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution: Set date and approve Inducement Resolution for Industrial Revenue Bond
Consider approving the inducement resolution for
Industrial Revenue Bond and schedule public hearing on April 8, 2008 at 7:00
p.m. regarding the Triple S Steel Holdings, Inc. Project for the proposed bond
Staff recommendation: Consider options.
3. Resolution: Emigration Court Zoning Extension
Consider approving a resolution extending the time period for satisfying the conditions set forth in Ordinance No. 11 and No. 12 of 2003.
Staff recommendation: Consider options.