Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, March 18, 2004
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding amendments to the Police Civilian Review Board Ordinance.
3. (Tentative)The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
4. (Tentative)The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-04-09, modify regulations relating to Sexually Oriented Businesses
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance modifying regulations relating to Sexually Oriented Businesses, pursuant to Petition No. 400-04-09. *Please Note: This public hearing will begin at 5:30 p.m.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. (Tentative) Resolution: Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency (UTOPIA)
Set the date of April 6, 2004 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution authorizing and approving a pledge of its sales tax revenues; authorizing the execution by the City of a pledge and loan agreement and any other documents required in connection therewith; providing for the publication of a notice of pledge of excise tax revenues; providing for the running of a contest period; authorizing and approving the taking of all other actions necessary to the consummation of the transactions contemplated by this resolution; providing a severability clause; repealing resolutions and orders in conflict; providing an effective date; and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
1. Property Conveyance: Amendment to an existing telecommunications right-of-way lease agreement
Consider requesting that the Administration hold a hearing regarding a request to amend a lease agreement regarding an existing telecommunications right-of-way extending from West Temple, west on North Temple to 300 West, then south to an existing mid-block connection. The rent for the existing lease will increase by $3260.
Staff Recommendation: Do not call for a hearing.