Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members and Planning Commission Members will dine together in Room 326 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:00 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:00-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will hold a joint meeting with the Planning Commission. (5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
2. The Council will interview Maged Senbel prior to his appointment to the Open Space Lands Advisory Board.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a loan application from the Housing Trust Fund to HMG Properties, LLC for the construction of the City Plaza Apartment Project to be located at 134-164 South 200 East.
4. The Council will receive a briefing to amend the text of the zoning ordinance relating to nonconforming uses, non-complying structures and amending the Avenues Community Master Plan. (Petition 400-03-34)
5. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
6. (TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
7. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
Council Member Carlton Christensen will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of March.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of March 8, 2005.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Resolution: Five-Year Consolidated Plan for CDBG, HOME, ESG, HOPWA and ADDI and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Accept public comment regarding an appropriation resolution adopting the Five-Year Consolidated Plan for 2005-2010, which includes the One-Year Action Plan for 2005-2006, and the Citizen Participation Plan for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding, and American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) funding (Fiscal Year 2005-06) and approving Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Staff Recommendation: Close and refer to April 19, 2005
for final consideration.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolutions – Extend the time period for
satisfying the conditions set forth in Ordinance No. 11 of 2003 and Ordinance
No. 12 of 2003
(Overland Development – Emigration Court Apartments located at 321-331 South 500 East, 550-558 East 300 South and 326-348 South 600 East from RMF-35 and RO to R-MU)
a. Consider adopting a resolution extending the time period for satisfying the following conditions set forth in Ordinance No. 11 of 2003.
b. Consider adopting a resolution extending the time period for satisfying the following conditions set forth in Ordinance No. 12 of 2003.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Ordinance – Set date - amend zoning text to decrease property required for a planned development and to allow single family attached and detached homes in RMF-75
Set the date of April 5, 2005 at 7:00 pm to accept public comment and consider amending:
a. an ordinance amending Section 21A.24.150,
Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to RMF-75 high density multifamily
residential district, pursuant to Petition No. 400-04-17.
b. an ordinance amending table 21A.54.150E2,
Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to minimum planned development size
within the various zoning districts throughout the City, pursuant to Petition
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
3. Board Appointment: Barbara Toomer, Transportation Advisory Board
Consider approving the appointment of Barbara Toomer, to the Transportation Advisory Board for a term extending through September 29, 2008.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.