Redevelopment Agency Meeting/Salt Lake City Council Meeting
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
5:30 p.m. (Please note the City Council meeting will begin immediately after the Redevelopment Agency Meeting which will begin at 5:30 pm)
A. WORK SESSION: Approximately 6:00 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 S State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 6:00-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview J. Creed Haymond prior to consideration of his appointment to the Historic Landmark Commission.
2. The Council will receive an update from the City’s Economic Development Director, Alison McFarlane on:
a. 2006 Winter Games in Torino
b. West Side development
c. Current recruitment and expansion projects
d. Update on the revolving loan fund and Business Advisory Board
e. Loan request for Gigante Supermarket and Neighborhood Lifestyle Retail Center Proposal
3. The Council will receive an update on the status of Legislative Intent Statements adopted with the annual budget.
4. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Nancy Saxton will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of March.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Mayor will present recommendations to the Council regarding the One-year action plan for proposed Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI), Housing Opportunities for People With AIDS (HOPWA), and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME) funding. and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
3. The Council will approve the minutes of February 21 and 23, 2006.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance – Close and abandon a portion of 1500 North between Beck Street and Hot Springs Street
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance closing and abandoning a portion of 1500 North between Beck Street and Hot Springs Street. (Petition No. 400-05-23)
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution – Street Name Change 100 South, between 300 West and 400 West (Karl Malone)
Consider adopting a resolution adding the honorary title of “Karl Malone Drive,” to 100 South between 300 West and 400 West. (Petition No. 400-06-04)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution – Board of Equalization and Review for Special Improvement District No. 102004 (900 South, Main Street to 900 West)
Consider adopting a resolution of the City Council of Salt Lake City, appointing a Board of Equalization and review for Salt Lake City, 900 South Main Street to 900 West Street Improvements Special Improvement District No. 102004 (The “District”); setting the dates for the Board of Equalization to hear and consider objections and corrections to any proposed assessments; authorizing the City Recorder to publish and mail a notice of meetings of the Board of Equalization and review; and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Ordinance – Set date – Rezoning property generally located at 1443 East Sunnyside Avenue from Open Space (OS) to Institutional (I) and amend the East Bench Community Master Plan - Rowland Hall – St. Mark’s School (Mt. Olivet Cemetery)
Set the date of April 4, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment regarding an ordinance rezoning property generally located at 1443 East Sunnyside Avenue from Open Space (OS) to Institutional (I), and amending the East Bench Master Plan. (Petition No. 400-05-08 and 400-05-09)
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Board Re-appointment: Curtis Anderson, Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board
Consider approving the re-appointment of Curtis Anderson to the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board for a term extending through December 29, 2008.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.