Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, March 10, 1998
5:00 p.m., Some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. BRIEFING SESSION:
5:30 - 5:55 p.m., Room 325, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Meryl Redisch prior to consideration of her appointment to the Recreation Advisory Board.
3. The Council will interview DelMar J. Brewster prior to consideration of his reappointment to the Youth City Government Advisory Board.
4. The Council will receive a final briefing regarding the 1998 Legislative Session.
5. Library System Director Nancy Tessman will
update the Council on issues involving the proposed new Main
(The following items as well as items from the above list that Council is unable to complete in Briefing Session will be addressed in a “Committee of the Whole” setting following the public hearings.)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Animal Control Services.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the draft ethics ordinance.
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an overview of major capital projects.
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding fiscal year 1997-1998 Budget Amendment #5.
10. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Fire Department’s Pathway Management Project.
11. The Council will consider adopting a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of March 3, 1998
3. Consider adopting a joint resolution with the Mayor honoring the Salt Lake Scots Bagpipe Band and White Heather Dancers.
4. The Mayor will present recommendations to the Council regarding proposed Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG), and Home Opportunities Made Easy (HOME) funding.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Citizen comments to the City Council (on
any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City
1. Motion: Set Date -- Funding Requests for
CDBG, ESG, and HOME
Set date of April 7, 1998 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting a motion regarding the Mayor’s proposed recommendations for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, and Home Opportunities Made Easy (HOME) funding.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Ordinance: Reset Date (Open
Space Master Plan Amendment, Corridor Map One, (Bonneville) Shoreline
Reset date from March 17, 1998 to April 7, 1998 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Open Space Master Plan, Corridor Map One, (Bonneville) Shoreline Trail.
Staff Recommendation: Reset date.
3. Board Appointment: Greg Mohammed, Youth City
Government Advisory Board
Consider approving the appointment of Greg Mohammed to the Youth City Government Advisory Board for a term extending through January 1, 2001.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
4. Board Appointment: Orlan R. Owen, Historic
Consider approving the appointment of Orlan R. Owen to the Historic Landmark Commission for a term extending through July 14, 1998.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
5. Motion: (Salt Lake City Planning
Consider adopting a motion approving the following decisions made by the Planning Director.
a. Petition No. 400-97-83, a request by Jan and Cheryl Leonard to amend Lot 315, Capitol Park Planned Development, Phase Three Subdivision, by changing the configuration and the location of buildable-area on the lot, located at 604 North Capitol Park Avenue. Planning Director’s Decision: Approve.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Resolution: Interlocal Cooperation Agreement
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Salt Lake County to provide animal control services for the City.
Staff Recommendation: Refer to the Committee of the Whole.
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-97-61 (To Amend the Sugar House Community Zoning Map in order to rezone Lot 4 of the Homestead Village Planned Development from C-SHBD to OS)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance rezoning Lot 4 of the Homestead Village Planned Development (View City Subdivision) at 1222 East 2100 South, from Commercial Sugar House Business District (C-SHBD) to Open Space (OS).
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
2. Ordinance: (Amendment to Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance regarding Condominium Approval Procedure)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City zoning code relating to the condominium approval procedure.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
Recess; convene as Committee of the Whole, consider Item
A6; consider Item F1; adjourn.