Salt Lake City Council
City Council Committee of the Whole
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
1. The Council will interview Warren Knight Lloyd prior to consideration of his appointment to the Historic Landmark Commission.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the budget for the Metropolitan Water District.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Interlocal Cooperation “Mill Creek Fireflow Project”.
4. (TENTATIVE) The Council will receive a briefing regarding the sale of the City’s Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes.
5. The Council will hold a discussion regarding a proposed legislative action requesting the Planning Division review residential zoning regulations citywide.
6. The Council will receive a follow up briefing regarding candidates’ Campaign Financial Disclosures.
7. The Council will discuss budget follow up on unresolved issues.
8. (TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of strategy sessions to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4, 52-4-5(1)(a)(iii) and 52-4-5(1)(a)(iv), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
9. (TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 52-4-5 (1)(a)(ii).
10. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
E. NEW BUSINESS: (7:00 p.m.)
1. Motion – Legislative Action requesting the Planning Division review residential zoning regulations citywide; Ordinance – Adopt Temporary Zoning Regulations.
Consider adopting a motion to initiate a legislative action requesting the Planning Division to review residential zoning regulations citywide as they relate to the issuance of building permits for any new single family or two-family residential structures and any remodeling, demolition, rebuilding, or expansion of existing single family and two-family residential structures. Consider adopting an ordinance establishing temporary zoning regulations associated with residential construction.
Staff Recommendation: Suspend and adopt.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: