Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, June 1, 1999
5:00 p.m., some Council Members
may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room
is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
5:30-5:55 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Kendalyn K. Harris prior to consideration of her appointment to the Community Development Advisory Committee (CDAC). (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will hold a policy discussion regarding signage for "no parking" tow away zones. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed ordinance relating to construction, excavation and obstructions in the public way. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
(The following items as well as items from the above list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the public hearings.)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding fiscal year 1998-99 Budget Amendment #6. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding fiscal year 1998-99 Library Budget Amendment #1. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will hold a discussion regarding Salt Lake City general obligation library bonds. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
8. The Council will hold a discussion on the process regarding flyover tax. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
9. The Council will discuss and review the Administration's response to the Council's budget reduction list and conduct straw polls to determine specific cuts. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
10. The Council will hold a discussion regarding the proposed CIP fund pay-as-you-go budget for fiscal year 1999-2000. (Estimated time: 30 minutes)
Council will hold a discussion and conduct straw polls as necessary regarding
Council priorities and unresolved budget issues within the fiscal year 1999-2000
budget. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
Written Briefing Items (Questions or requests for additional information can
a) Municipal Building Authority Budget
b) Internal Audit Budget
c) Street Lighting Districts Special Revenue Fund Budget
d) Central Business Improvement District Budget
e) Debt Service Fund Budget
f) Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Special Improvement District Debt Service Fund Budget
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of May 18, 1999 and May 25, 1999 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business).
Set date - Petition No. 400-98-69 (Salt Lake City Airport
Authority/Close Portion of 4000 West between approximately 300 North and 1200
Set date of August 3, 1999 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance closing a portion of 4000 West between 300 North and 1200 North, pursuant to Petition No. 400-98-69.
Staff Recommendation: Set date and refer to Committee of the Whole for briefing.
Interlocal Cooperation Agreement (Protection of City
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of a collection agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Wasatch-Cache National Forest USDA-Forest Service for the protection of City watersheds in the back country portion of National Forest lands in Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS: