Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, July 6, 2000
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Public Hearings.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Sky West Airlines, Inc. Airport Revenue bonds, Series 2000B. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a draft report of the Annexation Study presented by Rick Giardina of Giardina and Associates. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
4. The Council will discuss policies related to CDBG, ESG and HOME programs, and the revised amendment to the ordinance establishing the Community Development Advisory Committee. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed resolution authorizing a loan from Salt Lake City's Small Business Revolving Loan Fund for Café Eclipse, L.L.C. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition 400-00-19, a request by the City's Community and Economic Development Department to amend the City's Zoning Ordinance regarding sign regulations for the Downtown D-1 and D-4 including perpendicular signs, canopy signage and official flags. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition 400-99-53, a request by the Salt Lake City Planning Commission to revise the text of the Zoning Ordinance related to manufactured housing and requirements for residential building foundations. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
The Council will receive an update regarding the Street Excavation/Restoration
Study and recommendations for approval to proceed with a proposed ordinance
charging street restoration fees for street and utility excavations.
(Estimated time: 10 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of June 15 and June 22, 2000 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are
taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other
City business. Comments are limited to two
Resolution: Fourteenth Amendment to the Salt Lake City-Salt Lake County
Law Enforcement Agreement for Wasatch Canyons
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Salt Lake City-Salt Lake County Law Enforcement Agreement within the Wasatch Canyons.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
E. NEW BUSINESS
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Petition 400-99-41 Request by Salt Lake City's Community and Economic
Development Department to amend the Sign Ordinance to allow wall signs (painted
signs) in all commercial zones and to clarify that murals are exempt from the
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City sign ordinance (clarifying the exemption of murals from the sign ordinance).
Staff Recommendation: Close hearing and adopt.
2. Ordinance: Petition 400-99-12, Amending Salt
Lake City Zoning Ordinance regarding Home Occupations
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City Zoning Code regarding home occupations.
Staff Recommendation: Close hearing and consider options.