Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 126 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City
& County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview George B. Smith prior to consideration of his appointment to the Board of Appeals and Examiners.
2. The Council will interview Eric Waters prior to consideration of his appointment to the Capital Improvement Program Board.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Michael Kerns request to revoke the historic landmark designation for the property located at 381 East 11th Avenue - the “Malcolm A. Keyser.” home. (Petition No. 400-05-22)
4. The Council will receive an update briefing on the Sorenson Unity Center progress.
5. The Council will receive a presentation from Tom Pippin on the Impact Fees and the 20-year Capital Improvement Needs Inventory.
6. (Tentative) The Council will have a follow-up discussion of Capital Improvement Program budget appropriations.
7. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
Council Member Jill Remington Love will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of July.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The City Council will consider adopting a joint resolution relating Japan Town Resolution.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance – Petition 400-02-34 establishing compatible infill overlay standards for the Yalecrest neighborhood
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance establishing Section 21A.34.120 of the Salt Lake City Code relating to the Yalecrest compatible infill overlay district.
Staff Recommendation: Consider Options
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution – Board of Equalization and Review for Special Improvement District No. 106024 (Rose Park Lighting Special Improvement District)
Consider adopting a resolution of the City Council of Salt Lake City, Utah, appointing a Board of Equalization and review for Salt Lake City, Utah Rose Park Special Improvement District (The “District”); setting the dates for the Board of Equalization to hear and consider objections and corrections to any proposed assessments; authorizing the City Recorder to publish and mail a notice of meetings of the Board of Equalization and review; and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Ordinance: Judgment levy, Truth in Taxation Hearing, Set date - Adopt and ratify the rate of tax levy upon all real and personal property within Salt Lake City made taxable by law for Fiscal Year 2005-06
Set the date of August 23, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. to accept
public comment and consider one or more ordinances adopting and ratifying the
rate of tax levy upon all real and personal property within Salt Lake City made
taxable by law for Fiscal Year 2005-06:
a. Special Library Fund levy to be used for repayment of court ordered judgments
b. General Obligation Bond levy to be used for repayment of court ordered judgments
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
1. Ordinance – Set date – Petition 400-04-37 rezone properties located at 850, 854, and 858 Edison Street and amend the Central Community Development Plan from SR-3 to D2
Set the date of August 9, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance rezoning properties generally located at 850, 854 and 858 South Edison Street from Special Development Pattern Residential (SR-3) to Downtown Support (D2), and amending the Central Community Development Plan, pursuant to Petition No. 400-04-37. (Victor Kimball)
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Board appointment: Bryan Case, Housing Advisory and Appeals Board
Consider approving the appointment of Bryan Case, to the Housing Advisory and Appeals Board for a term extending through December 31, 2008.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.