Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, January 7, 2003
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Julee Attig prior to consideration of her appointment to the Board of Adjustment.
3. The Council will take a straw poll to nominate the Council Chair and Vice Chair.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing on ice cream vending.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a request to extend the length of time a temporary tent may remain erected.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an Interlocal Agreement between Salt Lake City and the Salt Lake City School District for the use of facilities.
7. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss pending/reasonably imminent litigation, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § § 52-4-4 and 54-4-5(1)(a)(iii), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss attorney-client matters that are privileged pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8 with its outside counsel.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Presentation of the 2002 International ITE Transportation Operations Award.
3. The Council will approve the December 17, 2002 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council
(Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
D. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Motion: Election of Chair and Vice Chair
Consider adopting a motion ratifying the election of Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Salt Lake City Council for calendar year 2003.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution: City Council Policy Statement regarding the future economic development of Downtown
Consider adopting a resolution expressing the Council’s policies associated with Downtown.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Authorize the Approval of the Fifth Amendment to the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, BP Products North America Inc., (Formerly) Amoco Oil Company and Chevron USA Inc.
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of the Fifth Amendment to the Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, BP Products North America Inc., (Formerly) Amoco Oil Company and Chevron USA Inc.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.