Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326,
City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following
list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately
3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will take a straw poll to nominate the Council Chair and Vice Chair for calendar year 2009 (Item F1).
2. The Council will receive a follow up briefing regarding an ordinance amending Section 21A.24.190, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to the Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses for Residential Districts, Private Clubs in Residential Mixed Use Zoning Districts, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-45 (Andy’s Place) (Item C2).
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Utah Open Meetings law.
4. The Council will receive a briefing from the Department of Public Utilities regarding the history, progress, issues and costs of implementing a "sewer reuse" program.
5. The Council will receive a briefing from the Department of Public Utilities relating to a sewer heat pump energy recovery project.
6. The Council will receive a briefing from Doug Hattery, Wasatch Front Regional Council, regarding the results of the Foothill Drive Corridor Study.
7. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss collective bargaining pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, § 52-4-205 (1)(b) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. (TENTATIVE) The Council will receive a briefing regarding Legislative Issues for the 2009 State Legislative Session.
9. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
The City Council Chair will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of January.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of December 9, 2008.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Resolution: Issuance of a Sales Tax Revenue Bond Series 2009A (Parameters Resolution)
Accept public comment relating to the issuance of sales tax revenue bonds to finance the acquisition, improvement and remodeling of a building for use as City offices and providing for related matter; and Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of up to $40,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Sales Tax Revenue Bonds of Salt Lake City, Utah, to be issued in one or more series; fixing the maximum aggregate principal amount of the bonds, the maximum number of years over which the bonds may mature and the maximum interest rate that the bonds may bear; providing for the publication of a Notice of Bonds to be Issued; providing for the running of a contest period; Authorizing the circulation of an Official Statement with respect thereto; and providing for related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
2. Ordinance: Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses for Residential Districts, Private Clubs (Andy’s Place)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Section 21A.24.190, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to the Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses for Residential Districts, Private Clubs in Residential Mixed Use Zoning Districts, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-45 (Andy’s Place).
Staff recommendation: Close and refer to future date.
3. Ordinance: Amend the Sunset Provision Expedited Approval Process
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the sunset provision set forth in Ordinance No. 74 of 2006 pertaining to the expedited approval process for construction-related activities in a portion of the downtown area.
Staff recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Consider adopting a motion ratifying the election of Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Salt Lake City Council for the calendar year 2009.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution: Utah Special Assessment Bonds, Series 2009A (Job No. 102136)
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and providing for the sale of the $380,000 Salt Lake City, Utah Special Assessment Bonds, Series 2009A (Sidewalk Replacement Special Improvement District 2005/2006, 2006/2007 FY Job No. 102136) (the “Series 2009A Bonds”) providing for pricing and terms of the Series 2009A Bonds, prescribing the form of bonds, and the maturity and denomination of said bonds; providing for the continuance of a guaranty fund; authorizing and approving a bond purchase agreement; and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
3. Resolution: General Obligation Bonds, Series 2009A (Open Space)
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and confirming the sale of up to $900,000 aggregate principal amount of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2009A of the City to finance all or a portion of the cost of acquiring and preserving open space, park and recreational lands and amenities; authorizing the execution and delivery of certain documents relating to such bonds; and providing for related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Interlocal Agreement between
Salt Lake City Corporation and Salt Lake City County
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Salt Lake County concerning the conveyance of a storm water detention pond located at approximately 1714 South 500 West.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.