Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION:**PLEASE NOTE START TIME 4:00 p.m.** Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a presentation from the Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC).
2. The Council will receive a legislative update from the Administration.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance creating a Domestic Partnership Registry.
4. The Council will receive a briefing from LuAnn Clark, Housing & Neighborhood Development Director regarding the Quarterly Housing Report for the Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
5. The Council will hold a brief discussion on the next steps regarding the Riparian Corridor Overlay District (RCO) and Conditional Use processes.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding options for a Naming Opportunities Policy.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding accounting options for Council Member reimbursements for technology related items.
8. The Council will hold a discussion relating to the City Council subcommittee process.
9. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
10. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Chair, Jill Remington Love will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of January.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of January 15, 2008.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Set Date: Domestic Partnership Registry
Set the date of February 5, 2008, at 7:00 p.m. to accept
public comment and consider adopting an ordinance enacting Chapter 2.92, Salt
Lake City Code, relating to the creation of a Domestic Partnership
Staff recommendation: Set date.