Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a joint resolution with the Mayor to adopt a Sister City relationship between Torino, Italy and Salt Lake City, Utah. (Item B-2)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a Management and Performance audit of the Fire Department.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance to amend the text of the Business Park Zoning District to allow commercial indoor recreation as a conditional use. The requested action will facilitate the commercial development of an indoor moto-cross facility at Winners’ Motor Sports site generally located at 1490 North 2200 West. This property is located in a Business Park (BP) zoning district. (Petition No. 400-04-46)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding two ordinances amending the Tents and Special Exceptions sections of the Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance. (Petition No. 400-05-13)
5. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member David Buhler will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of January.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The City Council will consider adopting a joint resolution with the Mayor establishing a Sister City relationship between Torino, Italy and Salt Lake City, Utah. (R 06-2)
3. Mayor Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson will present the annual State of the City report.
4. The Council will approve the minutes of January 10, 2006.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance and Resolution – 10 Year Capital Improvement Plan and Impact Fees
Accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution adopting a modified 10 Year Capital Facilities Plan, and an ordinance amending the City’s Impact Fees.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt.
1. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Resolution - Parley’s Pointe Annexation
Consider adopting a resolution accepting the Parley’s Pointe Annexation petition for approximately 405.59 acres of land located in the vicinity of 2982 East Benchmark Drive (East of approximately 3000 East and from approximately 2100 South to 2600 South) in the Southeastern Foothills adjacent to Salt Lake City, pursuant to Petition No. 400-05-41, for purposes of City Council review. (Romney Annexation)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt, and refer to Planning.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution – Grant to the Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund
Consider adopting a resolution approving a Grant to the Utah Microenterprise Loan Fund.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. Resolution – Capital Expenditures to be reimbursed for New Fleet Facility
Consider adopting a resolution expressing official intent regarding certain Capital Expenditures to be reimbursed from proceeds of an obligation to be issued by the City.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
3. Resolution – Municipal Building Authority adopt Interlocal Cooperation Agreement
Consider adopting a resolution of the Municipal Building Authority’s Board of Trustees authorizing the execution of an amended and restated interlocal agreement among the City, the City’s Redevelopment Agency, and the Municipal Building Authority to reflect changes in the debt service schedule resulting from refunding the Franklin Covey Stadium bonds.
Staff Recommendations: a) Recess as the City Council,
b) Convene as the Municipal Building
c) Consider resolution,
d) Adjourn as the Municipal Building
e) Reconvene as the City Council.
4. Resolution – Adopt Interlocal Cooperation Agreements
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the execution of amended and restated interlocal agreements:
a. among the City, the City’s Redevelopment Agency, and the Municipal Building Authority to reflect changes in the debt service schedule resulting from refunding the Franklin Covey Stadium bonds,
b. between the City and the City’s Redevelopment Agency to reflect changes in the debt service schedules resulting from refunding the Ice Arena bonds and the Gateway Park Project bonds.
(C 00-480 & C 06-25)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Board Appointment: Dijana Alickovic, City & County Building Conservancy and Use Committee
Consider approving the appointment of Dijana Alickovic, to the City & County Building Conservancy and Use Committee for a term extending through July 21, 2008.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.