Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the City’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the year ending June 30, 2006, and the auditor’s letters regarding internal controls and compliance.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed ordinance to amend the Salt Lake City Code, Chapter 2.44, titled Conflict of Interest.
3. The Council will receive comments from the Administration on Legislative issues.
4. The Council will recognize Council Member David L. Buhler for his service as the Salt Lake Council Chair during the year 2006.
5. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
6. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Chair, Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of January.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Mayor Ross C. “Rocky” Anderson will present the annual State of the City report.
3. The Council will approve the minutes of January 9, 2007.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Housing Trust Fund Loan (Multi-Ethnic Senior Citizen High-rise Apartment Rehabilitation Project)
Consider adopting a
resolution authorizing a loan from Salt Lake City’s Housing Trust Fund to
Multi-Ethnic Senior Housing, LTD for the Multi-Ethnic Senior Citizen High-rise
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.