Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, January 16, 2001
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Unfinished Business.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will receive a legislative briefing from the Administration. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will receive an Olympic update from the Administration. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-00-46, a request by the City Administration to consider amending portions of Section 21A.40.090.E (antenna regulations) of the Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a proposed resolution for short-term loan program assisting businesses adversely impacted during light rail construction. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. (Tentative) The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-00-35, a request from the Community and Economic Development's Building Services and Licensing Division to update and readopt the official Salt Lake City Alcohol Map #19372, which will include all legislative policies adopted since 1987. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition No. 400-00-41, the Salt Lake City Community and Economic Development Department's request that outdoor dining opportunities be expanded and the process for outdoor dining be simplified throughout Salt Lake City. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
The Council will have a policy discussion regarding alley vacations and alley
closures. (Estimated time: 15 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of January 9, 2001 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are
taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other
City business. Comments are limited to two
Set date of February 13, 2001 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 51 of 2000 which approved, ratified and finalized the budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, including the employment staffing document, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2000 and ending June 30, 2001.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
E. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Ordinance: Set date - Municipal Building Authority Budget Amendment
Set date of February 13, 2001 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider amending Salt Lake City Resolution No. 41 of 2000 which adopted the Budget of the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake City for Fiscal Year 2000-2001.
Staff Recommendation: a) Adjourn as City Council and convene as the
Municipal Building Authority;
b) Set date and refer to Work Session for
c) Adjourn as Municipal Building Authority.