Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:30 p.m. or immediately following the 3:00 p.m. Redevelopment Agency Meeting; Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 3:30 - 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will hold a discussion regarding a resolution relating to the Sugar House Business District and historic preservation. (Item F1)
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Salt Lake City Foreign Trade Zone #30 (Item B3)
3. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City Code, Title 21A, zoning relating to Permitted and Conditional Uses in all zoning districts, the conditional use process, regulations and standards, and the building and site design review process, regulations and standards; Petitions 400-05-16 and 400-07-19. (The ordinance and information relating to Petition 400-05-16 Building and Site Design Review process, regulations and standards, will be considered by the Council at a future Council meeting.) (Item C1)
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding ordinances enacting Salt Lake City Code, Title 21A, Zoning, Section 21A.34.130, creating a Riparian Corridor Overlay District (RCO) and amending Salt Lake City Code, Section 21A.34.050, Lowland Conservancy Overlay District (CC); Petition 400-07-18. (Item C2)
5. The Council will hold a discussion and schedule appropriate action in connection with refunding approximately $9,925,000 of Water and Sewer Refunding Revenue Bonds –Series 1997, and issue approximately $7,000,000 of Water and Sewer Revenue Bonds to fund water line improvements. (Item F2)
6. The Council will receive a briefing from legal counsel, Neil Lindberg, regarding legal limitations and options relating to business licensing and zoning issues for retail businesses and sexually oriented businesses.
The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose
of strategy to discuss two matters on the purchase, exchange, or lease of real
property when public discussion
of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible
terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code
Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(c)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to
Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Chair, Jill Remington Love will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of January.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Mayor Ralph Becker will present the annual State of the City report.
3. The Salt Lake City Council will consider adopting a Grantee Resolution of Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #30 to reorganize and expand General-Purpose Zone #30.
4. The Council will approve the minutes of January 8, 2008.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Zoning text amendment – temporary regulations and request to reevaluate conditional uses in residential zones and zoning districts abutting residentially zoned properties
Accept public comment and consider adopting ordinances amending the Salt Lake City Code, Section 21A, zoning relating to permitted and conditional uses, conditional use standards and limitations, and building and site design review regulations pursuant to Petition Nos. 400-05-16 and 400-07-19. (The ordinance and information relating to Petition 400-05-16 Building and Site Design Review process, regulations and standards will be considered by the Council at a future Council meeting.)
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
2. Ordinances: Zoning text amendment - establishing a Riparian Corridor Overlay District and amending the Lowland Conservancy Overlay District
Accept public comment and consider adopting ordinances enacting Section 21A.34.130, Salt Lake City Code, to create a Riparian Corridor Overlay District (RCO), applying RCO Riparian Corridor Overlay Zone to all properties within one hundred feet (100’) of the annual high water level of non-ephemeral above ground streambed corridors, and amending the Salt Lake City Zoning Map accordingly and amending Section 21A.34.050, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to the Lowland Conservancy Overlay District (LC), pursuant to Petition No. 400-07-18. (Streambed Corridors)
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Adopt Sugar House Business District
Consider adopting a resolution relating to the Sugar House Business District and Historic Preservation.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. (Tentative) Resolution: Authorize the issuance and confirm the sale of Water and Sewer Improvement and Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2008
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance
and sale of up to $20,000,000 aggregate principal amount of water and sewer
improvement and refunding revenue bonds of the City; fixing certain maximum
terms for the Bonds; and providing for related matters.
Staff recommendation: Consider options.