SALT LAKE CITY COUNCIL
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING
451 SOUTH STATE STREET
Tuesday, January 15, 1991
BRIEFING SESSION: 5:00 - 5:55 p.m., Room 325 City and
Building, 451 South State.
1. Report of the Executive Director.
2. The Council will interview Kimball Young prior to consideration of his appointment to the Planning Commission.
B. OPENING CEREMONIES:
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of the minutes.
4. The Urban Design Awards will be presented.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Citizen Comments to the Council.
1. Consider approving the appointment of Kimball Young to the Planning
2. Ordinance: Parking for Restricted Vehicles
Consider approving the
ordinance adding Section 12.56.465 to
Salt Lake City Code, 1988, as amended, relating to prohibited
parking for restricted vehicles.
Staff recommendation: Approve.
Ordinance: Section 17.16.040 and
Consider approving an ordinance amending Sections 17.16.040 and
17.64.020 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to culinary water
and sewer system fees.
4. Ensign Downs Ordinances, Petition No. 400-768-90
Set date of February 12, 1991
at 6:20 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting two ordinances
relating to Petition No. 400-768-90. One ordinance involves the closure of East
Capitol Boulevard. The second involves the approval of Plat H, Plat K and Plat I
Staff recommendation: Set date.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Appointment of Lee King as Director-of Community & Economic Development.
Consider adopting a motion approving the appointment of Lee King to the position of Director Of the City's Department of Community and Economic Development. (I 91-2)
Staff recommendation: Suspend and Adopt.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-851-90, by Lois Petterson/Partial Alley Vacation
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance vacating a portion of the alley located between Simondi Avenue and 400 North and between 1100 West and 1200 West Street. (P 90-440)
Staff recommendation: Adopt.