CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING
451 SOUTH STATE STREET
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 1994
A. BRIEFING SESSION:
5:30 - 5:55 p.m., Room 325, City and County Building, 451 South State Street.
1. Report of Executive Director.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding issues at the 1994 Legislative Session.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Municipal Building Authority's budget opening.
B. OPENING CEREMONIES:
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of February 1, 1994 minutes.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the Council.
2. Citizen comments to the Council.
1. Ordinance: Set Date - Petition No. 400-93-122 (Sutherlands/Johansen Thackery, Inc.)
Set date of March 8, 1994 at 6:10 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting
ordinances relating to:
a. amending the Northwest Community Master Plan;
b. rezoning property located at approximately 1800 West North Temple from
Residential R-6 and Commercial C-1 to Community Shopping Center CS;
c. closing all of Duder Street (approximately 150 North Redwood Road); and
d. vacating a portion of the Chas S. Deskey 4th Addition Subdivision, Block
1, Lots 21-42 and Block 3, Lots 6-21.
Staff Recommendation: Set Date.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Municii~al Building Authority Budaet
The City Council will convene as the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake
City at their regular meeting place to consider approving a resolution
adopting a budget opening of the Municipal Building Authority of Salt Lake
City for fiscal year 1993-94.
Staff Recommendation: Recess as City Council,
Convene as the Municipal
Building Authority, Adopt
Resolution, Adjourn as
Municipal Building Authority,
Reconvene as City Council.
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Motion: Appeal (Lyons)
Consider adopting a motion relating to an appeal of the Historical Landmark
Committee and Planning Commission's decision regarding the Lyons' request for
a conditional use permit to use their home at 780 South 600 East as a bed and
Staff Recommendation: Deny.
2. Motion: Reading/Thought /Invocation
The Council will consider adopting a motion relating to its policy on including a reading/thought/invocation at Council meetings.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-93-63 (Tirrell)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance rezoning property
located at approximately 1100 West and 1500 South.
Staff Recommendation: Close and Adopt.