Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326,
City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following
list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately
3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a presentation from Rocky Mountain Power regarding the Emigration – McClelland underground versus overhead Transmission Project Cost Comparison and Bid Review Report and will also receive a briefing from Rocky Mountain Power regarding future transmission expansion plans.
2. The Council will receive a report from the Citizens Compensation Advisory Committee.
3. The Council will receive a briefing from the Administration and CCRI on the City Creek Center Project and will also hold a discussion regarding processes and timelines for various requests and pending petitions relating to the project.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding the proposed Domestic Partnership Registry. (See item C1)
5. The Council will receive an informational briefing from the Director of the Public Services Department regarding fiscal year 2008 snow removal costs, and an update on the department’s new waste programs.
6. The Council will receive a legislative update from the Administration.
7. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss pending or reasonable eminent litigation, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-205 (1)(c) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
8. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
City Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of February.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of January 22, 2008.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Domestic Partnership Registry
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance enacting Chapter 2.92, Salt Lake City Code, relating to the creation of a Domestic Partnership Registry.
Staff recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: One-year action plan for CDBG, HOME, ADDI, ESG, AIDS HOPWA and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Set the date of March 18, 2008, at 7:00 p.m. to accept
public comment and consider an appropriation resolution adopting the One-Year
Action Plan for 34th Year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, American Dream
Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding,
and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding, Fiscal Year
2008-09 and approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City
and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Staff Recommendation: Set date and adopt.