Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326,
City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following
list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately
3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing from Marian Hubbard of Salt Lake County Flood Control & Engineering Division regarding the County Water Quality Stewardship Plan.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a resolution authorizing Salt Lake City to apply for a grant award from the United States Bureau of Reclamation for water efficiency and conservation (Big Cottonwood Tanner Water Conservation & Fire Flow Improvements Project).
3. The Council will receive a presentation from Terry Craven regarding the Salt Lake City International Airport's Emergency Preparedness Plan.
4. The Council will receive a presentation from Maxine Margaritis, CEO of the Salt Lake City Chapter of the American Red Cross regarding pandemic preparedness.
5. The Council will receive a presentation from Neil Cohen of the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC) on how the agency regulates private clubs.
6. The Council will receive a presentation from Major Jeff Call, Capt. Mike Rapich, and Lt. Ed Michaud of the State Bureau of Investigation (Utah Department of Public Safety) on how the Bureau enforces state laws and DABC regulations pertaining to private clubs.
7. The Council will receive a briefing from Police Chief Chris Burbank and City Prosecutor Sim Gill on the efforts made by the City to address drunk driving and underage drinking.
8. The Council will receive an update on issues regarding a proposed ordinance amending Chapter 5.72, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to taxicabs, to provide for a transition from companies operating under certificates of convenience and necessity to a contract-based system for providing taxi services.
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a resolution authorizing a cash flow loan from Salt Lake City's Housing Trust Fund to the YWCA for construction of the new crisis shelter for women and children.
10. (TENTATIVE) The Council will receive a briefing regarding Legislative Issues for the 2009 State Legislative Session.
11. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Jill Love will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of February.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of January 27, 2009.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Community Correctional Facilities
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending provisions of Title 21A (Zoning) of the Salt Lake City Code pertaining to Community Correctional Facilities pursuant to Petition No. PLNPCM2008-00641.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Sales Tax Revenue
The Council will consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance and confirming the sale of up to $40,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Sales Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2009A of the City; authorizing the execution and delivery of certain documents relating to such bonds; and providing for related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution: Land and Water Conservation Fund Program
The Council will consider adopting a resolution supporting submission of an application to the Land and Water Conservation Fund Program for a trail project along the Jordan River Parkway (between 1800 N and the City / Davis County boundary).
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
3. Resolution: Board Appointment: Dave Buhler, Metropolitan Water District
The Council will consider adopting a resolution confirming the appointment of Dave Buhler to the Metropolitan Water District Board of Trustees for a term until January 1, 2013.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Set Date: Renaming of Airport II
Set the date of February 10, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution approving the renaming of Airport II in West Jordan to South Valley Regional Airport.
Staff Recommendation: Set date
2. Board Appointment: Angela Dean, Planning
Consider approving the appointment of Angela Dean to the Planning Commission for a term extending through July 1, 2012.
Staff Recommendation: Approve