Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 326
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., Some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
1. The Council will receive a briefing on Spring Air Industrial Development Bond Agreement.
2. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the flag design contest.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the District Three Olympic Legacy Project.
4. The Council will discuss potential briefings from selected departments and divisions.
5. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
C. PUBLIC HEARING
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Notice of Intention for the 900 East 900 South Streetscape Upgrade Special Improvement District, Job No. 106018 and set Protest Hearing Date
Set the protest hearing on March 8, 2005 at 7:00 p.m. and consider adopting a resolution declaring the intention of the City Council of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, to construct improvements within the City consisting of the reconstruction of roadway pavement, and to construct and install concrete angle parking, concrete curbs, sidewalks, driveway approaches, median islands, sidewalk ramps, storm drainage facilities, site furnishing, street lighting, traffic signals, landscaping, and all other miscellaneous work necessary to complete the improvements in a proper and workmanlike manner; to create the Salt Lake City, Utah 900 South 900 East, streetscape upgrade Special Improvement District, Job No. 106018 (the “District”); to pay the acquisition and installation costs and expenses by special assessments to be levied against the property benefited by such improvements; to provide notice of intention to authorize such improvements and to fix a time and place for protests against such improvements, assessments or the creation of the district; to declare the City’s official intent to reimburse itself for expenditures paid by it prior to the sale of bonds; and to authorize advertisement of construction bids and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Confirm set protest hearing
date and adopt resolution.