Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thursday, February 28th, 2002
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 343 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
5:30 – 5:55 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the
following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-5:55
p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will receive an update regarding issues at the 2002 Legislative Session.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding repealing a section of Salt Lake City Code pertaining to parking for certain purposes.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding rezoning from Residential to Neighborhood Commercial at 1321 South 500 East.
5. The Council will receive a report from the Citizens Compensation Advisory Committee.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an interlocal agreement with the Utah Department of Transportation, Utah Transportation Authority, City of Logan and Park City to establish a uniform certification program for disadvantaged business enterprises.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding traffic code amendments.
8. The Council will receive a briefing from the Airport Director related to the Olympics.
9. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a reclassification of the Planning, Environmental and Capital Program Director position at the Airport.
10. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a loan to Scentsations Lotions & Oils, LLC from Salt Lake City’s Small Business Revolving Loan Fund.
11. The Council will receive an update regarding Library Square.
12. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approve the minutes of February 5, 2002.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
1. Ordinance: Animal Services and Horse-Drawn Carriages Amendment
public comment and consider adopting an ordinance enacting and amending sections
of the Salt Lake City Code relating to animal services and horse-drawn
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Ordinance: Repealing section 12.56.510 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to parking for certain purposes prohibited.
Consider adopting an ordinance repealing section 12.56.510 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to parking for certain purposes prohibited. (Parking vehicles with ‘For Sale’ signs on City streets.)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.