Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326,
City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following
list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately
3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding First Industrial Development Services request that 300 S from approximately 5200 W to approximately 5100 W be closed and sold to the abutting property owners (Petition No. 400-06-31).
2. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-205 (1)(c) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
3. The Council will receive a legislative update from the Administration.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a comprehensive review of the City’s Justice Court, apart from budget requests or other requests for Council action.
5. The Council will receive an update from the Budget/Finance Subcommittee on Rocky Mountain Power’s Emigration-McClelland 138kV transmission line conversion project.
6. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
City Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of February.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of February 12, 2008.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Partial street vacations (City Creek Reserve, Inc.)
Consider adopting an ordinance vacating portions of
three City streets (1) West Temple between South Temple and 100 South; (2) South
Temple Street between Main Street and State Street;
(3) 100 South Street between Main Street and State Street as part of the proposed City Creek Center project (Petition No. 400-06-38).
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.