Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, February 18, 2003
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 343 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Richard Howa prior to consideration of his reappointment to the Airport Board.
3. The Council will hold a discussion with Congressman Jim Matheson.
4. The Council will receive an update regarding issues at the 2003 Legislative Session.
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Central Community Master Plan.
6. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a petition to close a portion of 500 North to vehicular traffic at the 500 West Railroad crossing.
7. The Council will hold a discussion regarding potential topics and schedule relating to Housing.
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a loan from the Housing Trust Fund to Community Development Corporation for the Mortensen Court Condo project.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of February 11, 2003.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council
(Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
D. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Give preliminary approval for the issuance of Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Spring Air Mountain West, Inc. project) in an amount not to exceed $4,600,000
Consider adopting a resolution giving preliminary approval for the issuance of Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Spring Air Mountain West, Inc. project) in an amount not to exceed $4,600,000.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Resolution: Set date – Industrial Development Revenue Bonds (Spring Air Mountain West, Inc. project)
Set date of March 4, 2003 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution authorizing the sale of Industrial Revenue Bonds in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $4,600,000; to loan the proceed of the bonds to Spring Air Mountain West, Inc. to finance expansion and acquisition of equipment for its manufacturing facility.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.