Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. or immediately following the Redevelopment Agency Meeting. Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will conduct a Fact Finding Night on Environmental Management:
a. The Council will receive an introduction from the Chair of the Council’s Environmental Subcommittee.
b. The Council will receive a report from Rowland Hall-St. Marks School students on their energy consumption challenge.
c. The Council will receive a briefing from Professor Keith Bartholomew regarding his research on the relationship of automobile usage, land use policy, and climate change.
d. The Council will receive a briefing from Alene Bentley, Rocky Mountain Power, on their energy conservation strategies and programs for residents and businesses.
e. The Council will receive a briefing from Brad Markus, Questar Corporation, on their conservation strategies and programs for residents and businesses.
f. The Council will receive a briefing from the Salt Lake City’s Division of Sustainability and other City departments/divisions involved in Environmental Management, led by Vicki Bennett, Director of Sustainability.
g. The Council will receive a briefing from the Salt Lake Center for Engaging the Community on “Sustainability 101” for local community councils.
h. The Council will have a discussion regarding potential legislative actions and or budget priorities relating to Environmental Management.
2. (TENTATIVE) The Council will receive a briefing regarding Legislative Issues for the 2009 State Legislative Session.
3. (TENTATIVE) The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss the sale, purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, § 52-4-205(1)(b)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
4. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
Council Member Jill Love will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of February.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of February 10, 2009.
3. Joint resolution with Mayor Ralph Becker recognizing and reaffirming support for the “Blueprint Jordan River: A Lake to Lake Vision”
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance: Budget Amendment No. 2 FY 2008-2009:
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Code Ordinance No. 64 of 2008 which adopted the final budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2008 and ending June 30, 2009.
Staff recommendation: Continue public hearing to March 3, 2009 and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance: Community Correctional Facilities
Consider adopting an ordinance amending provisions of Title 21A (Zoning) of the Salt Lake City Code pertaining to Community Correctional Facilities pursuant to Petition No.PLNPCM2008-00641.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
1. Resolution: Set Date: One-year action plan for
CDBG, HOME, ADDI, ESG, AIDS HOPWA and Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between
Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Set the date of March 10, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an appropriation resolution adopting the One-Year Action Plan for the 35th Year Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funding, American Dream Downpayment Initiative (ADDI) funding, Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) funding, and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funding for Fiscal Year 2009-10 and approving an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Staff recommendation: Set Date.
2. Ordinance: Set Date: Central Community Master Plan and the Blocks 4 & 5 - East Waterloo Subdivision Small Area Master Plan (CHRISTUS St. Joseph Villa)
Set the date of March 10, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending the Central Community Master Plan and the Blocks 4 & 5 - East Waterloo Subdivision Master Plan with respect to properties located at 1952, 1962, and 1966 South 500 East Street, and 455, 459, 465, and 475 East Hollywood Avenue changing the future land use designation from Low Density Residential to Institutional Land Uses and other related changes pursuant to Petition No. 400-07-35.
Staff recommendation: Set Date.