Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, February 15, 2000
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 326 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: (briefing time lengths are approximations only.)
Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street.
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from
5:30-5:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the public hearings.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
2. The Council will interview Barbara Ishimatsu prior to consideration of her reappointment to the Public Utilities Advisory Committee. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
3. The Council will interview James Kelley prior to consideration of his appointment to the Magna Mosquito Abatement District. (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
4. The Council will receive a legislative briefing from the Administration. (Estimated time: 10 minutes)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Petition Number 400-99-55, a request to amend the City Liquor Map and designate an area at approximately 2200 and 2400 West and North Temple as Liquor District "A". (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
6. The Council will consider adopting a motion to enter into Executive Session, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss labor negotiations. (tentative). (Estimated time: 5 minutes)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of February 8, 2000 minutes.
3. Consider adopting a joint ceremonial resolution with the Mayor establishing a Sister City relationship between Salt Lake City and Thurles, County of Tipperary, Ireland. Father Patrick F. Carley, Hibernian Society of Utah President, will accept the resolution.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
Set date: Petition Number 400-99-44, a request by Laurie M. Reed to vacate
a portion of an alley located between Harrison Avenue and Browning Avenue, east
of 1100 East
Set date of March 21, 2000 at 6:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance vacating a portion of an alley located between Harrison Avenue and Browning Avenue and east of 1100 East.
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
Ordinance: Petition Number 400-00-03, a request by the Administration
for a temporary moratorium prohibiting department stores and other large retail
sales and service stores from locating in the G-MU, R-MU, D-2, D-3, and D-4
Consider adopting an ordinance enacting a temporary moratorium prohibiting certain development activities on the properties located in Salt Lake City Zoning Districts: G-MU,
R-MU, D-2, D-3 and D-4.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
Resolution: Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City
Corporation and Utah Department of Transportation to construct and maintain
curb, gutter and sidewalk at Redwood Road from 400 South to Indiana
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an interlocal cooperation agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and Utah Department of Transportation regarding a pedestrian safety project on SR-68, for sidewalk, at Redwood Road from 400 South to Indiana Avenue in Salt Lake County, Utah.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
Hearing: Special Improvement District #103009, 500 West curb & gutter,
sidewalks, waterlines, storm drain, street lighting, median park strip and
Accept public comment and hear protests concerning Special Improvement District #103009 for the purpose of constructing and financing improvements identified in the Notice of Intention approved by the City Council on January 11, 2000.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
Ordinance: Budget Amendment Number 6 for Fiscal Year 1999/2000
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 63 of 1999, which adopted the Final Budget of Salt Lake City, including the employment staffing document, for Fiscal Year 1999-2000.
Staff Recommendation: Close hearing and adopt.