SALT LAKE CITY
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING
451 SOUTH STATE STREET, ROOM 315
SALT LAKE CITY,
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 1995
A. BRIEFING SESSION:
5:30-5:55 p.m., Room 325, City and County Building, 451 South State
1. Report of Executive Director.
2. The Council will interview Yoshiko Uno prior to consideration of her appointment to the Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
3. The Council will interview Harvey Glade prior to consideration of his appointment to the Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
4. The Council will receive an update
regarding issues at the 1995 Legislative Session.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Approval of February 7, 1995 minutes.
3. Mayor Deedee Corradini will
present her annual State of the City report.
1. Citizen comments to the
1. Board Appointment: Yoshiko Uno, Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board
Consider approving the appointment of Yoshiko Uno to the Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board for a term extending through January 15, 1997.
2. Board Appointment: Harvey Glade, Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board
Consider approving the appointment of Harvey Glade to the Recreation Enterprise Fund Advisory Board for a term extending through January 15, 1997.
3. Ordinance: Set Date - Petition No. (S.L.C. Community & Economic Development)
Set date of March 21, 1995 at 6:10 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance approving the West Salt Lake Master Plan.
Staff Recommendation: Set
1. Resolution: Special Improvement District No. 106001
Consider adopting a resolution declaring the intention of the City Council of Salt Lake City to construct improvements on certain streets in Salt Lake City including the removal and reconstruction of sidewalk, curb, gutter, sidewalks with brick pavers, driveways and appurtenances; the removal of illegal or non-standard driveways; the construction of minor drainage facilities; the construction of tree grates, placement of soil and trees; the installation of irrigation and electrical systems; street lighting; tree lights; property drains; and other miscellaneous work which is necessary to complete the above improvements; to create Salt Lake City 1995 CBD Beautification and Street Lighting Special Improvement District, Project No. 106001; to defray the cost and expenses of a portion of said improvement district by special assessments to be levied against the property benefitted by such improvements; to provide notice of intention to authorize such improvements and to fix a time and place for protests against such improvements; or the creation of said district; and to authorize advertisement of construction bids and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Suspend and
1. Ordinance: Petition No. 400-94-76 (S.L.C. Community & Economic Development)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance closing a portion of Canyon Road from State Street to Second Avenue.
Staff Recommendation: Close and
2. Motion: Petition No. 400-94-9 (Steven Erickson)
Accept public comment and consider adopting a motion approving the Planning Director's/Planning Commission's decision to deny petitioner's request to amend Lot 2, Arlington Hills Plat "H", located at approximately 1557 Tomahawk Drive.