Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 4:00 p.m. or immediately following the 3:00 p.m. Redevelopment Agency Meeting; Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 4:00 - 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Annual Financial Audit and Management letter.
2. (Tentative) The Council will receive a legislative update from the Administration.
3. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the Sidewalk Replacement Special Assessment Area (SAA) 2007/2008, Job No. 102145 and Lyman Court (SAA), Job No.102146. (Item F1)
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding the sale of Water / Sewer Refunding Bonds, Series 2008. (Item F2)
5. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding adopting an ordinance vacating portions of three City streets as part of the proposed City Creek Center project, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-38. (Item F3)
6. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding the Northwest Quadrant Community Plan project update from consultants and response to Council questions.
7. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding needs, costs, and options for the Leonardo.
8. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss pending or reasonable eminent litigation, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 52-4-205 (1)(c) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
9. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
City Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of February.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of February 5, 2008.
3. The Council will consider adopting a ceremonial resolution supporting the award of the Department of Defense contract for Air Force Aerial Tankers an American Company.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Sidewalk Replacement
(SAA) Job No. 102145 and Lyman Court (SAA), Job No. 102146 and Set Protest
Set the protest hearing date of April 1, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. and consider adopting a resolution (a) finance the cost of certain infrastructure improvements consisting of sidewalk, pavement, storm drainage and water main improvements, and all other miscellaneous work necessary to complete the improvements in a proper and workmanlike manner; (b) defray the cost and expenses of improvements by assessments to be levied against the properties benefited by such improvements; and (c) provide Notice of Intention to designate assessment area to authorize such improvements and to fix a time and place for protest against such improvements or the designation of said assessment area; and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Set date and adopt.
2. Resolution: Sale of Water and Sewer Improvement and Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2008
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the issuance
and confirming the sale of up to $20,000,000 aggregate principal amount of Water
and Sewer Improvement and Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2008 of the City;
authorizing the execution and delivery of certain documents relating to such
bonds; and providing for related matters
Staff recommendation: Consider options.
3. (Tentative) Ordinance: Partial street vacations (City Creek Reserve, Inc.)
Consider adopting an ordinance vacating portions of three City streets as part of the proposed City Creek Center project, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-38.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
4. Resolution: State of Utah, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Parks and Recreation Trails and Pathways $174,497 Grant Revenue
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing Salt Lake City to accept the State of Utah, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Parks and Recreation Trails and Pathways Federal Funding Grant for the purpose of continuing the Jordan River Parkway Trail from Rose Park Golf Course to Redwood Road. (This item was inadvertently excluded from Budget Amendment No. 2.)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
1. Resolution: Authorize Interlocal Cooperative Agreement between Salt Lake City and the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) regarding Jordan River Parkway Gadsby/North Temple Trail Head
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation, and The Utah Department of Transportation for the preconstruction and construction reimbursement agreement regarding the Jordan River Parkway Gadsby/North Temple Trail Head, Project No. STP-LC35(141).
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.