Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building.
(The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will hold a follow-up discussion regarding the proposed ordinance Compatible Residential Infill zoning regulations. (Petition No. 400-05-25)
2. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing on Impact Fees and the 10-year Capital Improvement Needs Inventory.
3. The Council will hold a discussion on the Northwest Quadrant Master Plan proposed timeframe.
4. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance to amend the zoning designation of property located at 1435 South 1100 East from Single Family Residential (R-1-5000) to Residential Business (RB). (Petition No. 400-05-36 requested by Chabad Lubavitch)
5. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
B. OPENING CEREMONY:
Council Member Dale Lambert will preside over the Formal Council Meetings during the month of December.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of November 1, 15 and 17, 2005.
3. The Board of Canvassers will approve the minutes of the meetings at 12:15 and 7:00 p.m. on November 15, 2005.
a. The Council will consider a motion to recess as City Council;
b. The Council and Mayor will consider a motion to convene as the Board of Canvassers;
c. The Board of Canvassers will consider a motion to adopt the minutes of the meetings on November 15, 2005 at 12:15 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.;
d. The Board of Canvassers will consider a motion to adjourn as the Board of Canvassers;
e. The Council will consider a motion to reconvene as the City Council.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance – Stopping or Parking in prohibited areas (Mailboxes)
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Section 12.56.440 of the Salt Lake City Code, relating to stopping or parking prohibited in certain areas.
Staff Recommendation: Close and refer to December 13, 2005
2. Ordinance – Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Facility’s Budget
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance adopting the Solid Waste Management Facility budget, as prepared and submitted by the Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Council for calendar year 2006.
Staff Recommendation: Close and adopt
3. Ordinance – Budget Amendment No. 3
Accept public comment and consider an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 26 of 2005 which adopted the final budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, and Ordinance No. 48 of 2005 which ratified and readopted the final budget for fiscal year beginning July 1, 2005 and ending June 30, 2006.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
4. Resolution & Ordinance – Proposed Resolution to Change Method of Regulating Taxicabs and Proposed Amendments to Ordinances Regulating Ground Transportation Businesses
a. accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending and enacting specified Sections of Chapters 5.71, 5.72 and 16.60, of the Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to ground transportation.
b. accept public comment and consider adopting a resolution expressing the City Council’s notice of its intent to change the taxicab regulatory system within Salt Lake City from a certificate of public convenience and necessity to contract a form of regulation.
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution – US Department of Housing and Urban Department Grant (Pioneer Park)
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing Salt Lake City to accept the US Department of Housing and Urban Development Economic Development Initiative Grant. (Related to Budget Amendment No. 3, Item C3)
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. Motion by Council Member Jill Remington Love: Reconsideration Ordinance Transit Corridor zoning on 400 South from 200 East to approximately 925 East
Consider adopting a motion at the request of Council Member Jill Remington Love to reconsider the adoption of the Transit Corridor zoning, particularly the boundary of the area that was identified for additional review.
Staff Recommendation: Consider motion.
3. Ordinance – Amend the Salt Lake City Code to create Transit Oriented Zoning Districts, rezoning property along the east-west light rail corridor on 400 South, and making other related changes and amend the Central Community Master Plan
Reconsider adopting an ordinance amending the Salt Lake City Code to create Transit Oriented Zoning Districts, rezoning property along the east-west light rail corridor, and amend the Central Community Master Plan. (Petition No. 400-01-48 and Petition No. 400-01-12, Transit Oriented Development)
Staff Recommendation: Consider motion, if item F2 is adopted.
4. Legislative Action: Rosa Parks Boulevard
Consider adopting a legislative action to add an honorary name of “Rosa Parks Boulevard” to 200 East between South Temple and 600 South.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt and refer to Administration for processing.
1. Resolutions – State of Utah, Department of Public Safety Grant and State of Utah Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice Grant
Consider adopting resolutions:
a. authorizing Salt Lake City to accept the State
of Utah, Department of Public Safety Grant.
b. authorizing Salt Lake City to accept the State
of Utah Commission of Criminal and Juvenile Justice Grant.
(Items related to Budget Amendment No. 3, Item C3)
Staff Recommendation: Adopt