Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: PLEASE NOTE EARLIER START TIME (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 2:00 p.m. - 6:25 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will receive a presentation regarding the Salt Lake City Fire Department Paramedic Services.
2. The Council will interview Joe Gallegos prior to consideration of his appointment to the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board.
3. The Council will interview Edward Radford prior to consideration of his appointment to the Board of Adjustment.
4. The Council will interview Marian Iwasaki and Tony Yamada prior to consideration of their appointment to the Art Design Board.
5. The Council will interview Tracy Oulman prior to consideration of her appointment to the Land Use Appeals Board.
6. The Council will interview Senator Scott McCoy prior to consideration of his re-appointment to the Police Civilian Review Board.
7. The Council will receive a briefing from John Martinez regarding the Salt Lake City Council’s role in street closure activity.
8. The Council will receive a presentation from the Economic Research Association (ERA) Consultants regarding The Leonardo Project.
9. The Council will receive a background briefing from the City Attorney regarding the role of the City Council and Administrative Branch and the legal limitations and options relating to business licensing and zoning issues for retail businesses and sexually oriented businesses.
10. The City Council will receive a briefing regarding sections of Salt Lake City Code relating to feral cat colony registration requirements that contains a one-year sunset clause from the date of December 12, 2006.
11. The Council will receive a briefing regarding Rowland Hall - St. Mark’s School’s request to extend the time frame to fulfill the conditions of approval contained in Ordinance 21 of 2006 to rezone approximately 13 acres of property located at approximately 1443 East Sunnyside Avenue (Mt. Olivet property) from Open Space (OS) to Institutional (I).
12. The Council will receive a briefing regarding 2008 Utah Legislature issues.
13. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a resolution on the light rail system and the alignment to the Salt Lake City Airport.
14. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance repealing Section 11.12.100, Salt Lake City Code, relating to solicitation of person(s) with the intent to have another commit an offense specified in Section 58.37.8, Utah Code annotated.
15. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session for the purpose of strategy to discuss two matters on the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, and to discuss pending or reasonably imminent litigation; pursuant to Utah Code Ann.§ 52-4-204, 52-4-205(1)(c)(d), and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
Council Member Van Turner will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of December.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Comments from outgoing Mayor Ross “Rocky”Anderson and presentation of gift.
3. The Council will approve the minutes of November 20, 2007.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Authorize the Approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement Between Salt Lake City and the Utah Department of Transportation regarding the reconstruction of 900 East, 900 to 2100 South
Consider adopting a resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Salt Lake City Corporation and The Utah Department of Transportation for preconstruction and construction reimbursement regarding the 900 East, 900 South to 2100 South project.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt
2 Board re-appointment – David L. Mansell, Housing Authority
Consider approving the re-appointment of David L. Mansell, to the Housing Authority for a term extending through October 27, 2012.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.
3. Board re-appointment-: Olga Benedict, Arts Council
Consider approving the re-appointment of Olga Benedict, to the Arts Council for a term extending through July 1, 2010.
Staff Recommendation: Approve.