Salt Lake City Council
City Council Chambers
City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
A. WORK SESSION: 3:00 p.m. Room 326, City & County Building, 451 So. State St. (Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from approximately 3:00 – 6:30 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. The Council will interview Esperanza Granados prior to consideration of her appointment to the Human Rights Commission.
2. The Council will interview T. Christopher Wharton prior to consideration of his appointment to the Human Rights Commission.
3. The Council will interview Paula Carl prior to consideration of her appointment to the Housing Trust Fund Advisory Board.
4. The Council will interview Wayne Anderson prior to consideration of his appointment to the Golf Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
5. The Council will interview Tim Dolan prior to consideration of his appointment to the Art Design Board.
6. The Council will interview Julia Robertson prior to consideration of her appointment to the Community Development & Capitol Improvement Programs Advisory Board.
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance adopting the Solid Waste Management Facility Budget, as prepared and submitted by the Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Council, for Calendar Year 2009, subject to specific policy directives.
8. The City Council will receive a briefing from the Administration and Council consultant Ray Mundy, Ph.D., on progress toward City Council consideration of a proposed ordinance to change the method of regulating the taxicab industry.
TENTATIVE The Council will
consider adopting a resolution
receive a briefing regarding the potential deadline extension relating to
the Interlocal Agreement for the extension of the light rail line to the Salt
Lake City International Airport. the commitment by Salt Lake City (City) to
pay to Utah Transit Authority (UTA).
10. The Council will receive a briefing regarding an ordinance amending Section 21A.24.190, Salt Lake City Code, pertaining to the Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses for Residential Districts, Private Clubs in Residential Mixed Use Zoning Districts, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-45. (Andy’s Place)
11. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding Budget Amendment No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2008-2009 (Item C1).
12. The Council will consider a motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss multiple issues, in keeping with Utah Code, to discuss the sale, purchase, exchange, or lease of real property when public discussion of the transaction would disclose the appraisal or estimated value of the property under consideration or prevent the public body from completing the transaction on the best possible terms, pursuant to Utah Code Ann § 52-4-204 and § 52-4-205(1)(d)(e) and attorney-client matters that are privileged, pursuant to Utah Code Ann. § 78-24-8.
13. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
City Council Member Jill Remington Love will conduct the Formal Council Meetings during the month of December.
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will hold a moment of silence in recognition of Salt Lake City Firefighter Dylan Hopkins.
3. The Council will approve the minutes of November 18, 2008.
4. The Council will receive a presentation from Tesoro presenting the City with $25,000 for the Environmental Restoration Projects along the Jordan River and in Memory Grove.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Ordinance – Budget Amendment No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2008-2009
Accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance amending Salt Lake City Ordinance No. 64 of 2008 which adopted the final budget of Salt Lake City, Utah, for the Fiscal Year beginning July 1, 2008 and ending June 30, 2009. (Continued from October 14, 2008 City Council Meeting)
Staff Recommendation: Close and consider options.
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: