City & County Building
451 South State Street, Room 315
Salt Lake City, Utah
Tuesday, October 7, 2003
5:00 p.m., some Council Members may dine together in Room 125 at the City & County Building. (The room is open to the public.)
A. WORK SESSION: 5:30 p.m., Room 326, City & County Building, 451 South State Street
(Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in Work Session from 5:30-6:55 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda.)
1. Report of the Executive Director, including review of Council information items and announcements.
2. The Council will interview Richard Lee prior to consideration of his reappointment to the Golf Enterprise Fund Advisory Board.
3. The Council will interview Bonnie Mangold prior to consideration of her appointment to the Transportation Advisory Board.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding the General Obligation Bond resolution. (Unfinished Business Item F-1)
5. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a loan from the Housing Trust Fund to the Trenton Apartment Project located at 544 East 100 South.
6. The Council will receive a report from the Council Subcommittee regarding the Central Business Improvement District. (Unfinished Business Item F-2)
7. The Council will receive a briefing regarding the number of voting members on the Land Use Appeals Board.
8. The Council will receive a briefing regarding a request by Sandy City to annex 5.65 acres. (Salt Lake City approval is required under the interlocal agreement that allowed Sandy City to join the Metropolitan Water District.)
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. The Council will approve the minutes of September 9 and September 16, 2003.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Questions to the Mayor from the City Council.
2. Comments to the City Council
(Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
E. NEW BUSINESS:
F. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: amend the special bond election resolution adopted by the Municipal Council on September 9, 2003 to revise the procedure for canvassing the official results of the special bond election to be held in the City on November 4, 2003, expanding the use for which the proceeds of bonds under City Proposition Number 2 may be used, amending the list of polling places, and providing for related matters
Consider adopting a resolution amending the special bond election resolution adopted by the Municipal Council on September 9, 2003 to revise the procedure for canvassing the official results of the special bond election to be held in the City on November 4, 2003, expanding the use for which the proceeds of bonds under City Proposition Number 2 may be used, amending the list of polling places, and providing for related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.
2. Resolution: Notice of Intent – create Central Business Improvement District
Consider adopting a resolution declaring the intention of the City Council of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, State of Utah to create Salt Lake City, Utah Central Business Improvement District No. DA-CBID-03 to continue to promote business activity and economic development in an area of central downtown Salt Lake City, by assessing benefited properties within the district for the costs for such economic promotion activities for a period of three years; to negotiate a contract with the Downtown Alliance to manage the district; and to fix a time and place for protests against the district and its assessments, and related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Adopt.