Salt Lake City Council
1575 West 1000 North
Salt Lake City, Utah
3:00 p.m. Work Session
4:45 p.m. Tour District One
7:00 p.m. Formal Meeting
A. WORK SESSION: Items from the following list that Council is unable to complete in the Work Session from approximately 3:30 – 4:45 p.m. will be addressed in a Work Session setting following the Consent Agenda
1. (3:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.) The Council will receive a follow-up briefing regarding Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects for Fiscal Year 2007-2008.
2. (Approximately 7:30 p.m., following public comment) The Council will receive an update regarding the Salt Lake City Northwest Quadrant Community Plan.
3. The Council will receive a discussion and update of mass transit issues from Utah Transportation Authority, Board Member, Keith Bartholomew.
4. The Council will receive a follow-up briefing to discuss the Public Safety Facilities general obligation bond proposed for the November 6, 2007 ballot, including the election resolution and ballot proposition language. (Item E1)
5. (Tentative) The Council will hold a follow-up briefing on a resolution authorizing an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with Salt Lake County regarding the Hogle Zoo general obligation bond project. (Item E2)
6. Report of the Executive Director, including a review of Council information items and announcements.
OPENING CEREMONY: (7:00 p.m.)
1. Flag Ceremony and Pledge of Allegiance - Boy Scout Troop #565; Scout Leader Paul Fullmer.
2. Comments to the City Council. (Comments are taken on any item not scheduled for a public hearing, as well as on any other City business. Comments are limited to two minutes.)
3. The Salt Lake City Council will consider adopting a resolution expressing their opposition to the proposed legislation regarding equalization of funding for school district capital outlay.
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
D. NEW BUSINESS:
E. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Resolution: Public Safety Facilities general obligation bond scheduled for the November 6, 2007 ballot
Consider adopting a resolution providing for the holding of a special bond election in Salt Lake City, at the same time as the municipal general election, for the purpose of submitting to the qualified electors thereof the question of whether general obligation bonds of the City, in an amount not to exceed $192,000,000, shall be issued and sold for the purpose of paying the costs of acquiring, constructing, furnishing and equipping fire, police and other public safety facilities; declaring official intent with respect to certain expenditures; and providing for related matters.
Staff Recommendation: Consider options.
2. (Tentative) Resolution: Interlocal Cooperation Agreement regarding the Hogle Zoo general obligation bond
Consider adopting a
resolution authorizing the approval of an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement
between Salt Lake City Corporation and Salt Lake County regarding Hogle
Staff Recommendation: Consider options
1. Ordinance: Set date – Petition No. 400-06-38 requesting partial street closures (City Creek)
Set the date of September 18, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance request from Property Reserve, Inc. (PRI) requesting partial street closures to allow the purchase of sub-surface property rights as part of the proposed City Creek Center development.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.
2. Ordinance: Set date – Closure of 800 South from Chestnut Street (2500 West) to approximately 2700 West and to allow the property to be sold to the Blue Tee Corporation
Set the date of September 18, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. to accept public comment and consider adopting an ordinance closing and abandoning a portion of 800 South from approximately Chestnut Street (2500 West) to 2700 West, pursuant to Petition No. 400-06-47.
Staff Recommendation: Set date.